W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: There Are Multiple References to Scotland in this Post.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

There Are Multiple References to Scotland in this Post.

OK, so been pretty busy these days working doubles for Rasputina, who is traipsing 'round Europe with a former Canary employee (we are the Love Connection bakery!), moving and unpacking stuff and trying to fend off a sickness that makes one very tired with a sore throat and post nasal drip like a leaky faucet.

But you didn't want to know about that.

In short:

1. Turkey Boy's Birthday Party was an amazing success. The Bassoonist's turkey cake was amazing and everyone had a smashing good time, especially Turkey Boy.

2. No Morrissey show! Tant pis. Alas, he fell ill in Boston and the show was postponed.

3. Moving/unpacking not fun, but attempting to get it done little by little.

And in other news:

1. The Canary was featured in a regional, albeit glossy magazine this month! Mama likey, even though the moron editors forgot to actually mention where we were located. Oops!

2. You may now call me Landlady, thankyouverymuch. Mr. X and I have rented the house we own to a nice couple whom Mr. X believes "will take good care of the place because they're British". Ostensibly they are the pinky-sticking-out-whilst-eating-cucumber-finger-sandwiches variety and not the Ali G-Glasgow Kiss* variety of Limeys**. And they plan on gardening in the backyard too, which is an added bonus.

3. I recently saw an article about a lovely chocolate shop in Edinburgh*** which makes a Laphroaig truffle, which has inspired me to experiment with a Laphroaig brownie. I am dying to try this truffle. It will have to wait until my next trip to Scotland, but in the meantime, I can play mad scientist with my favorite scotch!

4. SFG and I are going out with Mr. and Mrs. Matchmaker tomorrow to Tinto. Cannot wait! Yermm!

Cheers!

* I never actually witnessed a Glasgow Kiss while in Glasgow. The reference was not meant to pigeonhole, I just kinda get a kick out of the phrase itself.

**See the second half of the previous footnote.

*** Alas! Turns out the copy of Chocolatier I was reading in FYE is old. Waah! I will carry the torch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home