W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Did I Grow Up on a Different Planet

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Did I Grow Up on a Different Planet

or has anyone else ever heard of spumoni?

I was experimenting with pistachio paste today and developed a lovely new buttercream with it. Then in my migraine acid trip Aha! moment came up with the *new* Spumoni Cupcake - Chocolate cake stuffed with strawberry preserves frosted with pistachio buttercream (which is a lovely shade of light chartreuse by the way) with a light sprinking of hot pink sugar sparkles.

In any event, none of the zygotes who work for me had ever heard of 'Zamboni' before. In fact "it sounds like a dirty word." Neither had Madame Mimolette. The girls at the Italian cheese shop did though.

I used to love spumoni ice cream as a kid. Not any fancy kind, just the plain old three flavor fruitless/nutless smooth grocery story variety. I liked Neapolitan too, but spumoni was just a tad more exotic.

My migraine has lasted for three days now, so perhaps I am just losing my mind. Perhaps I am making this whole spumoni fantasy up. Just like those creepy Clorox commercials. Am I the only one who finds them creepy?

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

You did not imagine Spumoni. I know what you're talking about. Personally, I prefer my chocolate sans-fruit, but if not, that cupcake would sound damn tasty!

6/14/2007 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creepy. So is that Snuggle bear.

6/18/2007 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home