W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Freaky Wednesday.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Freaky Wednesday.

I had a very productive day.

This morning I went a small business workshop at Wharton, that I really truly think may change the trajectory of my business. Basically you are the project of an MBA student. You work with that student (and the administrators of the program) to attain the goals that you have with your business. I have been looking for a resource like this for three years I am not even kidding you. Hopefully these folks will be able to guide me through the next phase of The Canary, whatever that might be....

This afternoon I had a very long awaited Jackie appointment! And she was freaking en pointe. Freaky-ly so! After she brought up the facts that 1.) two males in spirit with the initials J & F, possibly father and son, were hanging around me lately to keep me cheerful* and they kept saying the word "bike" to her, which means they know I got a new bike!; 2) SFG is scheming to get me some sort of gift of jewerly**; 3) I am going to have some sort of reproductive scare in November, perhaps an abnormal pap, perhaps something seemingly worse, but it's only going to be scary at first, then it will turn out to be not so bad afterall but I must prepare for my absence at work when this occurs; 4) I am currently unhappy in my present location of business and in the next few months I will need to make a decision about the future of the Canary at The Circus***; 5) my mother drains me emotionally; and 6) I'm going to make a lot of money with Canary II., I actually felt pretty damn good about things.

*I know a father-son combo with F & J initials who are now in spirit. Totally makes sense.
** Oh no, let's not go there again!!
*** My lease is up in April, so she was totally accurate there.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When-oh-when will you start making money by selling us internets your baked goods? There are about a million things I want to try- and I have a vaild credit card and elastic pants! I am all set and waiting for the launch of the web-bakery

9/10/2008 7:38 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Monkey, soooooon! My web guy says the new site will be up like any day now. However, the blog and shop still need work...

but sooooooooon!

9/11/2008 9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Wharton thing sounds so cool! Can't wait to hear more about it. You know I think you are the coolest for owning your own business, right?

9/12/2008 7:15 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Oh Dax, I totally appreciate that, because right now I'm feeling some serious stress about the future of the Canary...where...???? when???? we all know why...ugh. This could be MORE frightening than when I first opened the biz! Oy! Think poz thoughts for me, babe!

Hey, wanna do Zotchi (phonetic) on Monday with A and me....!

9/12/2008 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Wharton thing is awesome! Also, I think maybe it's time for me to revisit Jackie. And, I think I should get a package together and mail to Monkey. She mailed me a surprise once too. Let's talk. And please can we drink wine together soon without waiting for BYOC?

9/18/2008 5:45 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Lara: UM YES. PLEASE. SOON?

9/20/2008 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home