W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: My Life in Pictures.

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Life in Pictures.

Busy busy before Montreal so I will write four major bullet points!

1. Pin-up shoot was much fun! Hair and make-up took two hours, the shoot itself was probably 15 minutes. We took some pin-uppy shots as well as head shots with cupcakes for the new website, which should be coming out if I can get my ducks in a row in the next week.Much fun and I am trying to keep my (very red) manicure as long as I can, even if that means skipping out on doing the dishes at work. I am the boss so I can do that.

2. The following commercial is JUST NOT RIGHT. I do not like it. It actually kinda pisses me off. Who Do These Kids Think They Are.



3. Look at the beautiful -- and very functional -- red silk shoes I bought on Friday. I want to marry them.



4. This is the pink 1940s style wedding cake I did on Thursday. Pink wedding cakes are very hot. This is the 3rd one I've done in six months.




C'est fini for now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What don't you like about that JC Penny commercial? It's sort of an homage to The Breakfast Club.

Maria

8/12/2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Because, Maria, they weren't even born when that movie came out! I am very possessive of the Brat Pack. Molly Ringwald used to live around the block from me. John Hughes is MY generation (Ok, they are a little bit older, but at least I remember when that movie came out in the theater.) I don't see a bunch of 30 somethings doing a watered down version of American Pie: Band Camp for Kohl's! It also amuses me that the chunk of movie they chose to annihiliate was supposed to happen when the kids were high. Oh yeah, and they didn't let the Ally Sheedy girl dust her dandruff on the picture either. It's like watching Vacation on TBS. All the biting charm is watered down.

8/13/2008 6:27 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Agh! I agree; that commercial is wrong!! I suspect none of the children in it have even seen the movie they are spoofing, and it makes me feel sad and old to think it is some strange, kitschy piece of foreign memorabilia to them. My reaction is not unlike Tim Gunn's, when he told the annoying 23-year-old punk on Project Runway that his outfit looked "a little bit Sergeant Pepper," and the punk said, "I don't even know what that is."

At least I am not as old as Tim Gunn. I'm also not as fabulous, though. Sigh. I cannot win.

8/15/2008 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home