W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: There is No Such Thing as a Stupid Question.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

There is No Such Thing as a Stupid Question.

Top Five Questions asked by customers at the Canary.

1. Is it good? Umm, no. It sucks. Don't buy it. As a matter of fact, run. Turn around and run away because this cupcake is so horrible, it will make your head spin. I swear it.

2. Does the ginger lime poundcake taste like ginger lime?

3. Is it moist? No, lady. Dry as a FUCKING bone is how I like my cakes. I really prefer to choke on them and then allow someone the privilege of giving me the Heimlich.

4. Is it fresh? No, we're saving it to bequeath it to the British Museum.

5. Will you make it look nice? Well, actually, we're running a special on Ugly Cakes, so if you're interested, you get 15% off on something that looks like total shit!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you handled all these questions like a pro.

I was representing a client in a case where she was accused of selling drugs and as we were talking in private right before the trial. Even though I had spent days talking to her about her case and answering every question she had, she asked me if I had thought of any questions I would ask the cop when I got to cross examine him. Although I usually try to be nice and understanding I just couldn't hold back and said "wow, no, I hadn't thought of that. That would probably be a good idea. I should try to think of something."

I regret my sarcasm but sometimes the questions people ask really blow my mind.

5/14/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Too funny!

5/14/2006 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I taught high school English, I announced on the first day, "There's a saying that there are no stupid questions. I disagree. There are. Don't ask them."

And y'know? I didn't get stupid questions.

5/15/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

Don't you love people!

5/15/2006 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home