W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Pass the J, Martha.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pass the J, Martha.

Hmm...what an assignment....

1. Joint. The first word I thought of. Not because I'm a pothead or anything. Anymore.
2. Jewish/Jewessness. C'est moi. I feel it in my bones.
3. Jura. One of the Scottish isles that makes some wicked scotch. I'd kill to visit, but I think it's a bitch to get there. Will have to check my Rough Guide and get back to you.
4. Jurgen. Austrian chef-instructor at FCI who is the best, most discplined Euro-like chef I know. And could make anything out of marzipan. Anything.
5. Judy. Is a name that appears a in lot in songs I like. An homage to The Beatles?
6. Junket. One of my favorite books, John Henry Days by Coleson Whitehead is about the junketeer circuit.
7. Jangle. I absolutely adore jangly music. Janglepop. Fun dancey music that usually has excellent singable lyrics. Nothing like dancin' around the kitchen in your new polka dotted mules!
8. Jarlsberg. Ermm, not my favorite cheese, but I'm losing steam here...
9. Joe Pernice. Ahh...and I got a text message that he was just on Gilmore Girls and I missed him.
10. Jam. I like...raspberry jam?

EXTRA CREDIT: 11. Jeremy. First boyfriend in high school. Dumped me moments before a Depeche Mode show. I am forever scarred.

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

Excellent work with a particularly tricky letter. Ka pai, as we say here (which means 'well done', and is addictive to say. Especially with food, which is 'kai' - ka pai kai).

I could talk forever. But I won't. Possibly.

5/09/2006 10:52 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I concur! Excellent, indeed!

5/09/2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

Are you scarred because you got to go to a Depeche Mode show or because you didn't? ;)

5/11/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

J was a hard one, dude!

And I'm scarred because of the public humiliation. I've never seen DM and I SWEAR TO YOU I NEVER WILL.

5/12/2006 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home