W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: T-Shirt Weather.

Monday, May 01, 2006

T-Shirt Weather.

I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said 'A Watched Pot Never Boils'.

What do you think happened in this person's life in which he saw this shirt and said, "Yeah! How so very true. I've gotta get that."? Kind of a strange mantra to wear on your chest. It's not clever and witty unless you're a Poor Richard's Almanac fan I suppose, it's not political or saucy, and as far as I know, it's not a double entendre of any kind either.

I think I'm gonna get a tattoo. PeopleCat and I met at McCooligan's again last night and we both decided we want another one (her)/one (me). I saw some cool white ones on some of the ladies at the Feminist Seder and now I'm rather intrigued. Maybe a fiesty little cupcake? I've got to mull it over. I just don't know what I could live with for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. I'm very fickle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

I've been trying to think of a tattoo that wouldn't drive me mad for years. Lots of friends got celtic symbols a few years ago, and they're very dated now.

Maori designs are very cool, but one has to be careful not to offend the tangata whenua (people of the land) here. Although they let Ben Harper get one.

5/01/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I love the idea of a feisty little cupcake! Last night Wilman thought he spied a tattoo on my back that he'd never noticed. It turned out to be the tag on my sleepwear, flipped up. Ha.

Mmm, Mai Tais. Mmm. Drinkies Thurs or Fri?

5/02/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

PS, you have minions! Dude. You rock.

5/02/2006 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I totally want a tat. OG (host of the feminist sedar), her friend Kitty who is a tattoo artist who owns her own studio in North Carolina is coming in town again in June and is taking appointments. I think I might make one. We could do it together if you wanted! Food for thought...

5/02/2006 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - that anonymous is me, Daximus.

5/02/2006 6:48 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Martha: It's just so hard deciding what you can put up with when you're 80! I'm glad I didn't go with the fish ying ying I wanted in high school. LAME!

GG: UM Mai Tais OR WHATEVER THURSDAY!!!!

Dax: Figured it was you, as you are the only person who went to the FS who reads the blog. Count me in!! Will you hold my hand when I cry?

5/02/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home