W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Weekend of Debauchery

Monday, December 19, 2005

Weekend of Debauchery

This weekend was frackin' busy. Not with work, thank god. Rather, with good times! For all! Wish you were there Redmond...

Friday night was spent at Sex Dwarf with Popscholar and M dancin' the night away to Erasure, Ministry, the GoGos, outfitted with whiskey sours and glow sticks til a wee 2am....and it took another hour, I swear, to find a frickin' cab. Outrageous! But that is life in the big city I suppose.

THEN we headed out to Queens for our annual college buddy holiday party on Saturday. It was great seeing everybody. We're all growin' up that's for sure...(which is a major reason why we spent the evening in Queens, but I'll let it go...as long as it's not at Chuckie Cheese next year I'll be fine...)

After a Cheesecake Factory-sized dinner, we headed over to the Korean part of Queens (Flushing? I haven't a clue.) for a little post-midnight karaoke. The private room type, not the make-an-ass-in-front-of-others-just-than-your-friends bar type, where we continued with the booze fest til, sigh, a wee 3 am. Funny how no matter where you go, it's always the same videos - random shots of Amsterdam and Prague, small Asian children waving at you/the camera man, dogs chasing frisbees...C did a frighteningly excellent rendition of Back in Black. Myself, I think I excelled splendidly at All Out Of Love, shared Take On Me with C and K, and jesuschrist I can't even remember what else. Oh yeah! After getting shit from the boys about choosing #4548, just as I had insisted, everyone got pretty damn into I Want It That Way. We sounded like the effin' Mormon Tabernacle Choir. So, good times had by all, especially, I will add, Daximus, who pretty much was the emcee/lead vocalist throughout the night. Good Times, baby. Good Times...

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I tell ya, those Backstreet Boys sing some catchy little ditties. One of these days, Oy Vey, we'll have to venture to Spanky's Pub (I kid you not - that's really the name) for karaoke on Friday nights. It's in the non-hip part of Manayunk, which makes it even better.

12/19/2005 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do love me my karaoke.

-Daximus

12/19/2005 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home