W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Bits and Pieces

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bits and Pieces

1. I think I'm a little autistic. Really. I have the tendency to listen to the same stuff over and over and over again. And it never gets boring. In fact, I figure if it can withstand the Oy Vey 1000 plays test, it's effin' gotta be good music. At the moment, I'm switching between something old and something new.

The something old is Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi. I adore this album. Come on - The Sun on His Back? Oh, how so very singable and delicious and sweet. The absolute best. And Shine Like A New Pin. Oh oh oh! Anti-Western. Swooooon...... This is one of my top favorite albums of all time. Good stuff, damn good stuff.

The something new is Strange Geometry. I like The Clientele's older stuff, but this album is really heads and tails above the other two. It's incredibly romantic, so very British, it's got Beach Boy riffs and lots of lucious strings. It's less fuzzy and a bit more polished than the previous gems. My Own Face Inside the Trees and Since K Got Over Me are simply divine. Besides, how can you not love a lead singer with the name Alasdair?

2. Why does the ATM have to ask what language you would like to proceed in? I mean, shouldn't it know this already? I would think that 99.7% of the people using them are probably always picking the same language. Unless you're Students of the School of Berlitz I don't understand this. This should be in our dossiers. Like everything else isn't already? Who are you kidding?

3. I've lost my iSkin and now my iPod is sticky with flour/sugar/butter (see Friendster profile...). It's gotta be around. Someone screw my head back on. Please!

4. Here is what sounds like a phenomenal egg nog recipe. I'm going to make it for this year's college buddy holiday party in Queens this year.

That is all. Yet I retain my right to carry on with my list should it be necessary for my sanity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

You need to go to 3hive! You'd LOVE it. Also music plasma! See links on my blog, missy.

PS, I own and adore Biggest Blues Hi Fi, too. Sigh.

12/15/2005 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home