W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Dangerous Knitter

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Dangerous Knitter


Oy. I practiced my knitting last night. At the peril of my eyes.

I think I'm casting on too tight, which is making me force the needle through so hard that I nearly poked my eye out several times. It's scary, those big mofo needles coming so painfully close to my orbital lobes. This hobby should require signing a waiver, because I swear to god, I'll sue those blasted yarn people up in northern Vermont if anything happens to me...

I think I may have to wear goggles until I get the hang of this.

But I did manage to get 2 full rows nearly perfect. Granted it was a 4 inch "scarf" (my 'pixie' dickie), but dammit I'm determined to get this. Jesus, I'm Martha in the Making, I MUST get this. Everybody does it. "I learned it from watching you, Dad!!" (Sorry, just off on a Tourette's tangent...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Ha! I'm snickering to myself over here, picturing you having to duck to avoid poking your eye out with your knitting needles. Heh heh heh. I remember those days.

12/13/2005 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home