W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: More Bits and Pieces

Friday, December 16, 2005

More Bits and Pieces


1. Today was the last day of Howard Stern on regular radio. I listened to the tail end of the show - it was a rally that rapped around 6th Avenue a long ways. I admit, I was a little vaklempt. Particularly when he thanked his daughters for being "gracious, because it's not easy being Howard Stern's kids." Oy! Over nine years ago, I named my cat Jackie Puppet, in honor of that horrible miniature cast of Jackie "The Jokeman" Martling. So I am a fan. Er, was a fan. But it is the end of an era and I am a wee bit sad. And fuck, I feel old. Life moves on. And I probably won't get Sirius.

2. Popscholar introduced me to If You Lived Here You'd Be Home By Now. Ah what a pleasure. I'm addicted to Jeremy Newborn Street and May Day. Some of it is a little too country/folky for my taste, but JNS is just so effin' sweet. Even though the horns bridge sounds a lot like a Belle song I can't put my finger on yet- it might be I Love My Car. We may have a New Order/John Denver situation here. Watch out, Nerissa et co. And I totally dig the fact that I've got a wicked cool knows her shit and loves excellent music life coach. Sigh! Though there must be a better less cheezoid word than 'life coach.' I'm not altogether comfortable with Dr. Phil lingo.

3. We had dinner with a friend from New York at Continental last night. He wrote a screenplay and is in the process of selling it. Keanu Reeves and Nicolas Cage are both interested in playing the lead. Now don't you feel like a loser?

4. Sex Dwarf at FLUID with the ladies tonight. Look out DJ Robertdrake. We're comin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home