W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Stitchin' Wid da Bitches in G Ho

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stitchin' Wid da Bitches in G Ho

Daximus gave Popscholar and me our very first knitting lesson last night. I think I can speak for both of us when I say it was a pretty atrocious scene.

Between my 10 fat little thumbs, the 10.5s jerking around on their own accord like a possessed planchette, the cats having a lovefest with the piles of gnarled-up yarn and the click-clack clack-cll-ack-click-awfuck-click-clack of those bamboo torture instruments, it was an ugly scene. Really and truly. If you saw me, you'd pretend not to know me.

After they left, I practiced some more and then really messed up what was going to be my piece de resistance, the gem that would show my natural genius for all things crafty and knitty and such.

But by the end of my first swim with no instructor, I was nearly suffocated by that evil orange yarn, I nearly poked my eyes out with those chopsticks and the cat scratches made me bleed all over my three scary rows of the little scarf I was knitting for the roach that lives in the basement
.
But I'll get The Book and all will be well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I promise, it will get easier! Esp. with "The Book". Yo.

12/06/2005 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home