W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Hopefully I Was Bettie Page in a Past Life.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hopefully I Was Bettie Page in a Past Life.

I am continually trying to be a better person, to improve my skills as a woman, a businessperson, and a human being. And I'm generally willing to try anything new, unless it involves beets/milk/whole fish and/or physical pain. In a crazy act of boldness last night, I signed up to be a pin-up girl.

I read about this photographer here in Philly who does pin-up photo shoots of everyday women. I was totally intrigued. And as crazy as it sounds, I felt like I needed to do something to gain some personal confidence to get this Canary II thing going, so I decided to go for it. It's kind of the equivalent of skydiving I reckon, except you run the risk of crushing your dignity instead of your femur.

I really really hate having my picture taken. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Hence the myspace-esque self-portrait up at the top. But what I'm hoping is that in the hands of a trained professional, I'll take a picture that I'll actually like of myself. It's all lighting and make-up, I guess.

I'm really excited about this. In fact, I was telling the girls at The Canary and they want us to do a whole Canary Cupcake Girl pin-up calendar. They've already mapped out each of the months' shots, including a runaway bride theme in June. Classy, ya know, leave it to their twisted imaginations. That shit would sell. And then I could retire to my chalet in the Loire. I am liking this idea the more and more I think about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shana Maidel said...

I would have loved a PPG photo of myself. Actually, a 9 month pregnant pix would be interesting too.

Will we be able to see your final pix?

6/27/2008 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Let me know if you do it...I think I'd be too chicken!

Bok bok bok...

6/30/2008 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home