W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Conversations in Charm City.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Conversations in Charm City.

Old Coot #1: How much for acuppa coffee?
Me: $1.44
Old Coot: What? ARE YOU SERIOUS? $1.44? Really?
Me: Yes.
Old Coot: Are you KIDDING ME? I can get a cup over there for .79!
Me: Well...then GO OVER THERE AND GET ONE.

****
Old Coot #2: [Opens cookie jar and sticks hand in it]
Me: HEY! DON'T DO THAT.
Old Coot: I'm diabetic and looking for something sweet.

****
Old Coot #3: I've never paid $2 for a cupcake before. It better be good.
Me: Lemme ask you something. What do you think you should pay for this cupcake?
Old Coot: I dunno. $1.
Me: $1? Really. And where have you found a cupcake for $1? Besides Shop Rite?
Old Coot: I dunno. Here [The Circus].
Me: [Crap Italian bakery]? Well, our cupcakes are better. They make canollis, we make cupcakes. We use the best ingredients and it requires a lot of labor to make them, and I am not ashamed of what I charge for a cupcake.
Old Coot: Hrmmph!

****
Old Bag: Pistachio!
Rasputina: You'd like a pistachio cupcake?
Old Bag: Pistachio.

1 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

I would imagen this happens alot ha

12/01/2007 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home