W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: I am Philly's Undisputed Queen of Desserts

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I am Philly's Undisputed Queen of Desserts

according to the city paper today....

but honestly I feel more like The Scullery Maid.

My kitchen sink has been clogged for days. I've Drano-ed the bejeezus out of it, but now the sink is Loch Drano. And it's not moving a semi-centimeter. I've given up attempting to wash dishes in the bathroom sink and have taken to drinking wine straight from the bottle to avoid the flatware pile-up that is amassing on my stovetop. This evening I put a frozen enchilada (!) in the oven (ready made plate!) and when I took it out and set it on the counter...

Kerrrpllop! Right into Loch Drano it went. After 50 freakin' minutes in the oven. I've resorted to eating frozen peaches now. And the wine. Of course.

******
I had a dream I got a phone call from a person I call my friend only because I have known her for a bazillion years and have no definitive beef with her. I think it was a dream, but I'm not sure. Maybe she did call, but it's unlikely. Maybe I was in a drunken haze and she really did call but it only seems like a dream. It was days ago. Too many calls ago to still be on the cell. It would be weird of her to call, but not so weird that it couldn't be real. I probably won't call her 'back'. Just wait and see if it was real or not.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all hail!

6/02/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

OV, are you okay?

6/02/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger kris said...

Sweet Lord I'm jealous. You get so many cell calls that you can't remember if one is a dream?

Will you call me so I can jam up my "Incoming"s? Much appreciated. ;)

6/03/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/03/2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Sorry, shitty drunken spelling....

Whinger: Yes, my liege?

GG: Yes, fine, though Mindfuck ala Royale contnued today. Though that's a story over guac at PdG...

Kris: PLEASE. BUSINESS PHONE, baby! AmEx calls like 20 times a day.

6/03/2006 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home