W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

I made my annual trip to buy new bras on Sunday.

Just out of curiosity, I asked the woman to measure me. I've been a 32D forever. TRUST ME PEOPLE. THIS IS A CURSE. It is nearly impossible to find bras this size unless you want to spend $65+ for the fancy French ones at Bloomie's. I'm small around the chest, but have always kept weight in my boobs. Apparently the Frozen Enchilada Protracted Stress Diet did the trick because I'm smaller all over than I was in high school.

She measured me and when I told her what size I was wearing, she said "Are you kidding me? You're like a 32C. Barely. I'd go with a B." Woot woot! I was elated. I'll take it!

I've always been very self conscious about my boobs, and to finally be "average" was thrilling beyond compare. I can finally just walk into a store and pick out the pretty ones now. Woot woot!

My self-consciousness no doubt comes from being an early bloomer. Send in Judy Blume and the analysts...There's a fifth grader in there itching to be freed! Woot woot!

4 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

Too many "I must increase my bust" 's when you were 12??

5/29/2006 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why oh why did i use "must increase my gut"

5/29/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

I just had the opposite experience. I went to buy a sports bra the other day (in the hope it might make me sporty) and the 14c I originally picked out was switched by the lady to a 12DD! Egad, was mortifying but also glad to go down to a 12.

5/29/2006 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am afraid to get measured for fear that I am actually smaller than an A.

Sigh.

5/30/2006 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home