W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: My Accountant is Going to Kick My Ass.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Accountant is Going to Kick My Ass.

As previously mentioned, I suck at paperwork. My handbag has become my file cabinet for The Canary. I can't find my Bookkeeping Book, which is supposed to supplement Quickbooks, which I have installed on the PC I bought specifically for that purpose but have not started inputting into yet because I haven't gotten my online access to my bank accountants yet.

I am so screwed. Scared, screwed...My files, bills, cash register receipts are in a crumpled up pile in various cabinets, envelopes and aforementioned handbag. And each day that brings in more paper, obviously the worse it gets.

Oh yeah, and I can't find my phone either. Frack!

And bloody 'ell, what am I supposed to do with those little credit card receipts that people sign? Anybody, anbody? Does anybody know?

I've realized that in addition to the accountant that I need to do my quarterly taxes, the payroll service to do the paychecks, now I must hire a bookkeeper to handle my weekly paper pushing. And I realize that I must hire another baker to help out because I can't do both baking and paperwork. Otherwise I'd never get any sleep. And believe me, I'm working on 3-5 hours a night average at this point.

Argh!

6 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

The rules are probably different over there, but I found chucking all the credit card receipts into a shoebox and tucking it out of sight did the trick nicely.

5/18/2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Ha - excellent advice, Martha.

OV - if there is ANYTHING at all I can do to help, let me know. Shall we have a get-OV-organized day?

And about this baker...what would she be paid?

5/19/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

not enough to sustain our drinking habit, gg. but i'm bettin' you could sell boatloads of cupcakes with that southern charm and sweet smile o' yours.

5/19/2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah man. Creative types and paperwork -- a classic tale of hate.

Take GG up on her offer of help. I was a paralegal for six months and have FANTASTIC organizational skills because of it.

5/19/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

whinge, i WAS a paralgel for TWO YEARS. my organ skills back then were fine. before I was The Artiste (The Artful Loner?)...i can organize the pants off of anyone else for someone else...oy!

gg, you can come work for The CC anytime!

5/19/2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger Red said...

I'm really ashamed to tell you this, but I obsessively love the chocolate lasagna dessert at Olive Garden. Really, it doesn't taste like it's chain restaurant garbage at ALL; it's my favorite dessert EVER. Are there any support groups for this sort of thing?

Hope all is well at the Monkey and you're remembering to actually sleep at night...

5/20/2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home