W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: New York Minute.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New York Minute.

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt I was on a cruise ship with everyone I went to high school with. Not only is the thought of being stuck on a floating bacteria frappe with no escape horrifying in itself, but damn! all of these people who hadn't even crossed my consciousness since 1992 were there. And I started getting weirded out and feeling "Prep"like - self conscious, paranoid and wondering who was going to like me. Classic stuff for the textbooks. Ready, Set, Analyze!

I had to make a quick trip back to New York today to buy some last minute cake stuff and I met my friend who makes crazy beautiful cakes for lunch at Otto. Otto is one of my favorite restaurants in New York. Everything is always positively delicious and the wine...oh the wine...out of control. We finished a fantastic lunch with a gelato trio: Meyer lemon, olive oil and parmagiano. I kid you not. We both had had the olive oil gelato before and love it, but the parmagiano was a new one. She liked it more than I did. It certainly did taste like parmesan. Sweet, creamy parmesan. Sounds disgusting, but it wasn't all that bad. A little shticky, but it worked.

2 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

Sounds like this guy. Have you seen him?

I have to say, the sound of parmesan gelato makes me feel a little ill. I'll stick with the meyer lemon.

4/18/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

Hey, see what I did with the linky thing there? Only took about 10 minutes to work out how.

4/18/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home