W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: So Says I

Saturday, April 01, 2006

So Says I

I sent a recipe in for a contest and I just noticed a typo:

Lemon Sour Cream Cake with Blackberry Composte and Lemon Peel Buttercream.

Very original, slick. You're #1! Woo hoo!


I found a stub in a jacket pocket from The Shins show I went to nearly a year ago to the day. That was the one time in my life that I truly understood the expression "blind drunk". We hung out at the bar in the back, and good lord, I don't know what the hell happened. I lost my friends as we were leaving and I literally couldn't see straight ahead of me. Thank god I lived three blocks from Webster Hall and was able to follow the familiar lines of the sidewalk home. It was atrocious. If I didn't see those bottles cracked open in front of my face, I would swear someone slipped me a mickey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Martha Craig said...

It could just be a very edgy take on cooking.

4/01/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Thank you thank you thank you for making me pates de fruits! I just wish you could be there to eat them!

And, sadly, I know that feeling rather well. Not recently...

4/01/2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Red said...

This is utterly-clueless-about-cooking me reading your recipe: Hmm, what's wrong with it? Composte? Isn't that a pile of burning leaves? No, maybe that's a fancy cooking term. Huh. What else could it be... sour? Maybe a cream cake shouldn't be sour? No, I'm sure that's another fancy term. Buttercream. Yum. I want some of that, typo or not!

4/02/2006 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home