W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: No She Di'n't Redux.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

No She Di'n't Redux.

Guinness Girl's toys post reminded me that I used to have these. I also had the Iran-Contra Coloring Book* (akin to the parody O.J. notebook - "FLEEB". Somebody else please remember!) because god-help-us-all I used to call myself a Republican. When I was 11. I know, there's something so very wrong with a) an 11 year-old who calls herself a Republican and b) and 11 year-old who calls herself a Republican who also knows all the lyrics to Hair. It's like some sick and twisted Family Ties monster child.

Oh god, and I'm not even going to get into my adolescent Objectivist phase. That was sincerely frightening.

I am so ashamed.

*It's actually called The Ollie North Coloring Book. Imagine my surprise when I went hunting for an image of it on the Internets and came up emptyhanded because it is now a rare collector's item. Fshizzle!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't know.

It's NOT YOUR FAULT.

It is, however, frightening.

3/21/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

It was the 80s, times were different then.

Christ, I had a DRAWER FULL of detachable shoulder pads by the time I was 14. Best to drink lots and forget these miserable details.

3/21/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

Oh my. I just saw your "baking" header. Our oven is arriving today, and I'm trying to think up the perfect thing to make. Lemon cake... yummmmm.

3/21/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

I've tried to copy your sidebar. How did you do it? Mine is a bit of a disaster.

3/21/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

martha, send me an email and i'll email you the code.

3/21/2006 5:07 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but it's a black spot, an awful pimple, a scar on my childhood innocence.

3/21/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Oh, that's awesome! But did you have Nancy After Dark, featuring cut-out whips and stilettos?

3/21/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

red, oh no! i didn't. tell me more! i'm intrigued!

3/21/2006 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home