W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Love What You Do.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Love What You Do.

Yesterday was a fun day (aside from the dead cat, who appears to have been removed.). I was given a tour of the La Colombe roasting facilities to check out their espresso machines and such. I got to stick my hands in huge buckets of fresh roasted coffee beans, got to smell them, still warm from the roaster. Ah...delish. I got loads of fair trade samples to bring home and try. I got to drink copious amounts of coffee and espresso before I left. I was so buzzin' by the time I walked outta there I thought my head was going to pop off my neck and start spinning above my body.

And next Tuesday, I'm going to my friend's tea shop to learn to make her famous tea lattes. Hot tea, steamed milk, and honey. Oh, I used to live for those puppies when I was in the city. I'm going to sell her teas at The Canary. You know, that whole women's businesses supporting women's businesses thingy.

And along those lines, I managed to give Monsieur Sneezeguard a tongue lashing but good. Well, sort of, but it worked. Dude's been blowing me off for a week, which was pissing me off royally, so I emailed the head of ops at The Place Where The Canary Will Be Located* and asked him if he knew any other sneezeguard guys...less than an hour later I got an email and a call from M. Sneezeguard, who will be measuring them today or tomorrow latest thankyouverymuch.

Sometimes you've just gotta be a bitch to get things done. It's a shame that's how so many people see it.

*Suggestions for a suitable name for this place, Philly peeps?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you just exhausted from all the anticipation?

And it's not being a bitch; it's just refusing to be taken advantage of. Huge difference. Bitches are mean for no reason.

4/04/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

How 'bout the Bus Stop Brouhaha?

Nah.

Will ponder.

Rock on with your bad self, O.V.!

4/04/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Whinger: Actually I'm totally buzzin'. But as soon as things settle down, I'm sure I'll feel it. Vacation over the summer for sure!

GG: Rock on yourself!!

4/04/2006 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home