W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: And I Will Wear a Badge to Show My Delight. (Again).

Monday, February 27, 2006

And I Will Wear a Badge to Show My Delight. (Again).

A Caprican fleet badge, that is.

I must discuss Friday night's epsiode of BSG. Wow is all I can say. Wow. Wow. Wow.

(Yes, I'm a bit of a sci fi geek - I admit it, alright? (No flaming please.) But I don't know anything about the ships, I don't speak any of the languages and I certainly don't read/write fan fic.)

(And I've gone to "Cons" - but only high so I could laugh at all the dorks who were there for real.)

Anyway, we learn about Dr. Baltar and Six. How very interesting. What's going on here? Has LOVE crossed consciousnesses between Cylon and human? Does LOVE transcend all? I'm assuming the point here wasn't that Baltar was a Cylon, but that somehow his conscious (conscience?) embedded itself in Six's? Same thing for Sharon except she's not being spooked by Helo. Hmmm.....

And why did Six refer to Sharon's baby as her's and Baltar's?

I guess the more the Cylons interact with humans, the more human, i.e. the more they are troubled by the Cylon lack of conscience, they become. But the real Baltar/in-his-head Six aren't exactly poster children for Humanity. Hmmm...

I'm still chewing on this. But I was completely enthralled.

OK, and just so I don't end on a completely geeky note, how about that Project Runway?

I really hope Daniel V wins. He's been the strongest throughout the competition and he wants it in a genuine way. And he's absolutely adorable. I've never been wowed by Chloe, though most of her designs are strong, but didn't she leave New York because she couldn't handle the fashion scene there?

And don't EVEN get me started on Santino. Just because he constantly goes over the line doesn't mean he ought to be rewarded for it. I mean, the Heidi lingerie line? He pushes buttons because he knows that they won't kick him off for creativity's sake. And he's obviously a character ("Where's Andre?") which leads me to believe that his making the cut time and time again when he never does what's asked of him is actually a production decision rather than the judges'. It's obvious that Nina loathes him and would kick him off if she could.

Santino is Lisa. Or Rob & Ambah. Necessary annoyances.

Enh, I keep watchin'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you watched BSG finally! I know, can you believe how much that episode progressed things? That was like old school day-um good. We must discuss in detail later before I truly humiliate myself on your blog.

2/28/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Sarah: you can just tell he's a sweetheart. the garden party dress was just about the cutest thing i'd ever seen.

so, i take it you know who won, eh? ;)

dax: we will discuss bsg off the record.

2/28/2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home