W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Every Little Counts

Friday, February 17, 2006

Every Little Counts

I've been feeling a bit down today and this morning I received a very kind, sweet email from a friend in Scotland. Granted it was just a little "hi, lady!" but I was so happy to get it and it brought me from the greys back into the bright white light again. Isn't that funny how those teeny little things can completely change your day and turn your mood around? Funny thing is said friend and I have never actually met, but she's sort of my editor on a webzine project and damn, if it wasn't just that little speck of cheer to get her totally hilarious email about doing lines of cocoa powder with rock stars that I needed to bring me back to reality. She made me laugh. Out loud.

Almost made me weepy in a way. She's working on my portion of the webzine and god dammit, it was just nice to hear that someone so far away with thinking about lil' ole' me. You've made my day, L! Love ya!

Granted, part of my chipper mood may have something to do with the gin soaked lunch I had with Guinness Girl today at the Society Hill Hotel. (Good God girl, how CAN you go back to the cube farm (thanks, RED!) after that, I beg you?) But alas, I got my email prior to lunch, but it sure didn't NOT help! Ha! How can I possibly interview counterhelp in a 4-g&t state, GG? I might have to blame you if this person turns out to be a shitekopf. You wanna work my counter on Saturdays? I promise to reward you with plenty of Glenlivet sans Hawaiian Punch, of course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Hmmm. Substitute that Glenlivet for Bombay Sapphire and we might be onto something, chickie.

Cursing the cube farm. CURSING.

2/17/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Ha, thanks for the shout-out. I HOPE it was an original sentiment, now that I'm getting credit for it. What's your webzine?

2/18/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

GG: had a coupla bombay sapphire & t's in your honor last night.

Red: actually, my g&t-ness made me misspeak- it's actually the print version of chica (see links to the right) and it's TOTALLY NOT mine by any stretch of the imagination. i've simply submitted some articles and recipes and plied L with brownies and cookie experiments for the sugar rush. i don't know when/if she's ever gonna update that webpage.

2/19/2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home