W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: It's a Business Decision.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's a Business Decision.

I've got a bit of an ethical dilemma.

This friend has this mediumy-famous blog on which he has graciously added a link to the Hypocritical Hippo Bake Shop* for free. It's been great, really. I get lots and lots of hits from his site - especially when he's linked from Instapundit, Michelle Malkin, or some other wingnut site.

Yes, the blog is a political one and not in a good way (to me). Pretty right wing, pretty pro-Bush (though to his credit, he's not giving King George as much leeway as he used to), yet the freakin' site is pretty damn high on the Google hit list.

The other day I noticed he posted that series of Danish cartoons - and my cute little advert was within pixels of them.

Now, I've got to admit, I've got a bit of a problem myself with the reaction to those cartoons, so Mr. ConservativeMan and I are on the same page, or at least in the same chapter on that subject, but the point is that I've been starting to feel a little bit uncomfortable with the fact that my business appears to sponsor this shite that for the most part I don't agree with.

Am I whoring for publicity? Yet, I still am friends with the guy and it would be pretty uncool to ask him to take me off the site. After all, he is entitled to his opinions and he isn't a hate monger - just a lost authoritarian soul who needs to spend a couple of days outside of his box, if you will.

What's a businesswoman/friend to do?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...well, your shop COULD become a Rush Limbaugh-style salon meeting place...and that would be good for business. I guess.

I really just don't know.

Glad I could help.

2/22/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Red said...

I'm not sure how his site is formatted and how/where the pictures are displayed in relation to your link, but my guess is that this story will blow over as all CNN breaking news stories eventually do (perhaps not for the Danish cartoonist, but at least for us) and he will either take down the link or it will get buried in the archives... so maybe the problem will kind of solve itself?

2/23/2006 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home