W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Sleep is for Pussies!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sleep is for Pussies!

So, it's been, oh, I dunno, about a month since I've had a decent night's sleep. With all of the crappitycrap going on lately, I've been tossin' and turnin' and wakin' up soaked to the bone ("nightsweats" - how lovely! Aren't those reserved for the menopausal?). I never have trouble falling asleep, but I usually wake up sometime between 2:45 - 3:30 a.m. I've always been like that. Maybe my body's on GMT, in which case that would work perfectly and I could get up, have my crumpet and cuppa and head off to work.

But this is America, folks. And I'm *excuse my French* fucking tired.

So I trotted off to my doctor's, who I swear to you is Judge Marilyn Milian's doppleganger, in search of some relief from my Northern Lights-omnia before I go crazy ala Robin Williams or Al Pacino, I can't remember which one went crazy. Maybe they both did. I don't know. Anyway, My Florence Nightingale (heh heh) prescribed 10 days worth of Xanax to be taken just before going to bed - even if I feel like I won't need it. Uh yeah, right. Whatever. I hope this works.

Must trudge back to the land of the living and continue slaving away over the temperer so that I can finish up my work and possibly get some zzzzz's before heading off to Pumpkin with M & S at 7. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home