W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Kvetch of the Day: The Streets of Philadelphia

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Kvetch of the Day: The Streets of Philadelphia

I've refrained from whining about this topic for some time now. I thought I could live with it. I thought it would get better by the time the winter months approached. But alas, the City has forced me to bitch about the horrid conditions of the state of our streets. Deplorable.

Yesterday while I was driving down Pine, I kid you not, I actually saw the street bend under the weight of the cars rolling over it. And I'm not talking Hummers or Russian tanks and what not. A little GTI was cruising in front of me, and I swear to you, the street actually went concave. In two separate spots on the street. OK, this is a little odd, no?

And then there are the potholes. More like cauldronholes really. In the morning I went to run some errands. I came back about an hour later to find a 10' x 10' hole in my street. No explanations, just a giant mass of broken concrete smack dab in the middle of the road.

And then there are the myriad potholes that are more like wells, where those orange and white horses that are supposed to alert an oncoming driver that they are approaching a 4 foot abyss in the middle of Christian Street have actually fallen into the hole, so you can only see about an inch or two of the little guy.

DC had its excuses when its mayor was on crack. I wish our mayor was on crack then I wouldn't be wondering what the hell the problem with this town is. Lordy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home