W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: All Things Must Pass.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

All Things Must Pass.

Ok, so it may seem like it's outta left field to y'all, but I think I'm gonna sell The Canary.

I've been thinking about this for a while. This is not a rash decision. Trust me on this. I need to chew on this stuff in my head for a while before spitting it out to the world.

You've read previous posts; you know I am tired, weary and poor. And that's the gods honest truth. I've had enough worry. I figured after this Food Network thing airs will be a good time to put it on the market- sell the whole kit and kaboodle, let it GO. Relief from anxieties on lots of fronts sounds fantastic.

I had dinner with another recently divorced friend tonight (Hoof + Fin = very good!), who lamented how financially ravaged the women always are after a divorce. I realized at that moment, the amount of stress I have been under for, literally, the past four and a half years straight- emotionally, financially, psychologically, the whole kit and kaboodle.

Nothing sounds better than just letting it all go, in a nice, calm, Zen-like manner. Letting another take what I've built and make it even better. I'm too tired and frazzled to want to tweak and shape and help Canary grow at this point. Being a cog in a larger operation, where the responsibility of the viability of ship does not fall on me, sounds like a dream vacation.

I feel good about the decision. I've had a good run, I've done a really good job at a pretty hard task, and it's perfectly ok to pass the reigns on to start something new. And honestly, I am so bored with what I do now, it makes me punchy. I will never be one of those IBM'ers For life. Never ever ever ever.

So, anyhoo, it's all good. We'll see what happens. Maybe I will change my mind tomorrow, but in the meantime, if you know anybody who wants to buy a cult bakery with two fabulous locations, a funky logo and a loyal fanbase and wholesale clientele, lemme know, k?

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Lady, you do whatever you need to do to feel relaxed and happy. Mean it and wishing you luck on all your endeavors.

Now let's find me a career :)

Sidecar? What are you up to this weekend?

4/23/2010 1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May the sale be swift and the profits outrageous! Fingers crossed for you!

4/24/2010 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home