W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: It Is So Not The Sincerest Form of Flattery, Are You Kidding Me?

Sunday, March 28, 2010

It Is So Not The Sincerest Form of Flattery, Are You Kidding Me?

For starters, I need to warn you, I've had this migraine marathon for the past five days- the whole kit and kaboodle: neck and head pain, nausea, severe light and smell sensitivity, exhaustion. Thank you, Spring; Every year you and I have this little showdown and you usually win. I've been doped up for the past 136 hours on my prescription migraine meds and Benadryl and it's made me a zombie, though a zombie with manageable symptoms so I can deal. I just haven't been myself and I've got stuff to do dammit, so enough already.

We moved our junk over to the house. Yay! SFG has taken some serious ass initiative and started unpacking, painting trim, and even cleaning out the backyard of the abandoned PHA house two doors down. He surely feels way more accomplished than I. I feel accomplished that I haven't thrown up.

Speaking of vomit, those bastards down the street have yet again blatantly ripped off The Canary. This time by selling the same exact three cookies that we sell. W.T.F. is that? I will be the first person to admit that those particular cookies are common type American cookies, but the fact remains that they are the same exact three cookies that we sell. And they are exactly three blocks away from Canary I and Canary II. It's just seriously annoying that they are so uninspired and so incredibly lame that they feel compelled to sell the same exact three cookies that we sell. And that we have been selling since 2006. I mean, if you're going to copy us, at least do it with a modicum of stealthiness; don't launch your cookie trifecta out on Facebook in one fell swoop! Like people won't notice? Like they won't see the desperation and sweat on your brow? I just don't get it. At least throw some dried cherries or macadamia nuts in them to give them your own Louis Vuitton flare*, for chrissake.

Ok, that rant just used up all the energy I had left, so I am signing out until this beast goes away or my head falls off.


*They call themselves the [insert high end iconic French designer label here] of cupcakes. Oh please, girlfriend.

3 Comments:

Blogger The New Girl said...

You are my favorite. That is all. Hope you feel better sister sledge.

3/29/2010 1:58 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Thanks sistah! I am so glad we are neighbors. Go SOSNA! Will you be joining the book club?

3/29/2010 8:19 PM  
Blogger The New Girl said...

Only on the condition that I can show up without reading. I will bring an appetizer in exchange, and totally pretend that I read the book of choice if that helps. :)

3/30/2010 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home