W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: The Young and the Restless.

Friday, March 14, 2008

The Young and the Restless.

Hello Patient Readers.

Here's the word.

On Monday, I asked the Canary person with the negative chi about the safe situation.

Me: The safe was left open on Friday night. So-and-so said you came after she left to get your paycheck.
Them: I don't know. Maybe I did. I don't care.
Me: [Pause] Well, I think we are going to agree that you're going to give me your two week notice today.
Them: Great! Because I was going to quit on Friday anyway.
Me: Ok, good. We're on the same page.

....an hour later....

Them: I don't think I can stay here any longer.
Me: Why?
Them: Because it's just going to be awkward here.
Me: I don't think so. The worst, more awkward part is over. You weren't happy here, and I haven't been happy with you lately, so it's fine. The tense part is over.
Them: But I wanted to be the one to quit.
Me: Well...sorry...?
Them: And now you're making me quit and I can't even collect unemployment now!!
Me: Well...I'll fire you if you want....?
Them: This isn't fair! I wanted to quit! And I'm not coming back.
Me: Well, ok. It's your decision, but you're certainly welcome to stay for the next two weeks and make some money.
Them: I just can't.

Exit Them Stage Left.....

And can I just tell y'all how much less tense things are at work now? The whole vibe is brighter among everyone. And I feel like this huge weight has been lifted, the dark cloud gone. I no longer feel ever so slightly paranoid and slightly cornered in my shop. And it feels damn good.

****
And in other news, the fabulous S was in New York for the week, and she kindly muled me two very super posh bottles of Scotch all the way from Scotland. So I hopped on that trusty Chinatown bus and went up to pay her a quick visit. Feel better, poor thing!

I think I may dip into one tonight. To celebrate my new found freedom!

3 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

that's hilarious,,

sounds like a movie script

"I wanna quit"

3/14/2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger L P said...

That's Amazing. I wish I could have seen that happen live. Brilliant interaction, and you tell it so well.

Good luck with that scotch. I've gone and gotten myself a bottle of Ardbeg, so I will be enjoying that this weekend.

3/14/2008 6:05 PM  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Enjoy your new found freedom and the Scotch!

3/16/2008 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home