W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Back From the Dead.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Back From the Dead.

I have returned. The last eight days plus I have been dealing with the Philadelphia Flower Show, the largest convention the city hosts every year. With over 300,000 attendees let loose from institutions and exurbs around the globe, Flower Show week is by far the most lucrative, the busiest, and most insane time for every vendor, great and small, at The Circus.

So anyway, I've been stressed out beyond belief. Incapable of sleeping, sitting still, much less blogging for the past two weeks, I've been an absolute wreck. Too much to do! So little time! Must make money! What if I don't? What if I don't have enough eggs f0r the weeked? What if I run out of kitchen sink brownies? What if? What if? Whaaat if????

Meanwhile, I've been dealing with staff issues and I'm sorry to say, going to have to do some housecleaning at The Canary. Things have gotten off track, and it's time I finally do what I've needed to do for a long time (and what many people have said I should have done long ago) and stop the bad work-related chi that has been a subtext at The Canary for a while. Without getting into detail, let's just say some serious sloppiness has occurred, which indicates to me that this person know longer wishes to work here. And leaving the safe with $2000 in it wide open on a Friday night is definite evidence of that. I really dread doing it, but it must be done, and really folks, that makes me sad.

On the other hand, a fresh, new change of pace just might be what I need to rejuvenate my Canary spirit. Because right now I am so tired I just ain't feelin' it.

And no, no word from Martha yet either.

I have finished babbling.

1 Comments:

Blogger RJ said...

you shouldn't feel bad,, if it must be done, it should be done

3/10/2008 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home