W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Warning: This Post is Not in the Least Bit Amusing.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Warning: This Post is Not in the Least Bit Amusing.

Not that I think my posts are normally the least bit amusing. But at least I usually try.

I am depressed.

No, not depressed, just severely stressed out. Between The Canary and some other shit I've had to contend with lately, I am spent, blogger friends. Spent.

So tired I could just crawl under the covers and fall asleep in two seconds flat. But no doubt I'd wake up like I have been, heart racing, thinking about the myriad shit circling through my brain that must be done. Like yesterday.

This is the time when a blog is the perfect place to vent. You don't need to kvetch and whine to your friends, who've heard your shit 100 times before. Readers can choose to read or not. It's sort of a semi-anonymous public diary.

In a nutshell, here's how I'm feeling lately:

1. Broke.
2. Ugly.
3. Broke.
4. Unloveable.
5. Broke.
6. Fat.
7. Unloveable.
8. Scared shitless.
9. Broke.
10. Ugly, Unloveable, Fat, Scared Shitless, and Broke.

See, this is the kind of crap that you can't really say to your 'live' friends because you sound whiney as all getout. So, I leave it for you to savor, Bloggerbuddies. Take it as you will. I'll be better next post, I swear. It's pretty rare that I actually post basketcase-y like, right? I mean, I refer to losing it quite a bit, but I rarely devote an entire completely whingey 200 words to it. Right? Right?

My First Blogiversary is coming up in 10 days. Boy oh boy! The Big Reveal. Baited Breath, people. BAITED BREATH.

And to end on a positive note, I'm diggin' Camera Obscura's Hey Lloyd from their new album, Let's Get Out of this Country (UM YEAH. YOU READ MY MIND, Tracyanne! Anyhoo...) When I first heard the song, the first thing that popped into my head was Olivia Newton-John. I'm really not sure why.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

everything will be okay...you're beautiful, not fat...and for the rest J and I have your back...you know this!!!!! xoxox B

6/19/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

From what I can tell you're pretty fabulous. No worries. ;)

Everything will work out wonderfully, I have no doubt.

6/20/2006 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But at least you're using "whingey," and that's all that I need from a post. :)

AND using blogs as therapy is cheap, which helps with the broke.

AND this was still entertaining.

AND you rock.

6/20/2006 12:36 PM  
Blogger -R- said...

Everyone feels this way sometimes. I'm not trying to minimize your feelings- just want to let you know it is ok. It is good that you can use this as a place to vent!

6/20/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Oh, honey. I'm a million days late reading this post, and I hope you've come to your senses and realized how freakin' fantastic you are. xoxoxo

6/25/2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home