W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: FreakNik: Part One (No Doubt...)

Monday, June 12, 2006

FreakNik: Part One (No Doubt...)

As far as Mondays go, today wasn't so so bad. Largely in part because someone came and put in a deposit on a wedding cake today.

But I'm still scared shitless. When I actually examine how much money I've plunged into this project, I start to feel absolutely sick to my stomach. Granted, most of the really huge expenses have already been 'paid for' [read: paid via my small business loan, not exactly paid off...]. The one big expense still coming down the pike is all of my logo shit...the actual logo design, the business cards, the stickers, the menus, the bags... You don't even want to know how much all this shit is going to cost me.

And it's not that I don't think it's worth it. I think R earned his keep big time. Anybody who's seen the logo loves it. I adore it. It's absolutely perfect. I understand the importance of branding, believe me. But...but...oh boyyeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sweet Jesus, hear my prayers.

I'm starting to freak out. Just the teensiest weensiest bit. A little bit. Yeah, just a little itty bitty bit! Oy!

And my face is breaking out like I'm 15 again. I'm eating garbage and I'm drinking way too much wine, I'm sure.

The nervous breakdown is coming. I just know it. The question is if I can just retain some semblance of sanity until the end of August and then I can get on a plane and sleep through my trip. Sleep. That's all I need right now. Some sleep. And a winning lotto ticket.

Muuuurrrgggg.....

Cupcake Goddesses, if you can hear me....PLEASE MAKE THE CANARY WORK. I will do whatever you ask. Please. Please don't make me wind up living in a cardboard box on 21st & Christian with my cats. That would be bad. And scary. And there'd be no place to put my eBay France polka dotted mules and cheese from DiBruno Brothers. Please Goddesses. Hear this prayer. Please. Oh. Please. Oh. Please.

4 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Oh, sweetcakes, you'll be FINE. They make some very nice cardboard boxes these days. (snicker, snicker).

What? You mean I'm not singlehandedly keeping the Canary alive with my cupcake & brownie gluttony? Shame on me. (er, no wonder I'm not losing any weight despite all this exercise...)

6/13/2006 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be scary, but I have every confidence in the project even though I've never tasted a single thing you've made.

I just KNOW it's good. :)

6/13/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/13/2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Good luck! You'll be great, plus, it's Philly, I've been living here for about a year and we LOVE our desserts.

Also, may I add, in your post below...WRONG for you not to give the name. It reminded me of "The Neverending Story" where the boy's mother apparently has "the most beautiful name" only we never get to know it. I still want to know.

6/13/2006 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home