W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: For Real For Real: Heart Attack on a Roll.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

For Real For Real: Heart Attack on a Roll.

Tonight I went with a food writer friend to review this bar in Northeast that just got voted one of the Top 50 Bars in Esquire.

This was the most obscene meal I'd ever eaten.

This is the second half of the house special. I can't even remember what it was called, as the blood vessels in my brain are now too clogged with fat to recall the information properly.

Ribeye Cheesesteak, gooey white American cheese, spicy mayo on surprise! a layer of salami. All nesting comfortably in a fresh, soft roll.

Pity to throw it out really. I'm seriously contemplating fishing it out of the trash and eating the rest of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Okay, even I - meateater extraordinaire - find that kind of gross. Maybe if it didn't have the salami in it?

6/13/2006 10:59 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Oh GG, no no, you've got it all wrong.

It. Was. Divine. It. Was. Insane. It. Was. Evil. It. Was. Fanfuckingtabulous.

6/13/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Wait! What bar? Where is it...I MUST have one...

6/14/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Fine. TWist my arm, Oy Vey. I'll go to this bar with you and try out this heart attack on a plate. What? YOu didn't ask? Tough tooties.

6/14/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

heh heh. knew you'd come to the dark side, gg.

the joint is called the gray (grey?) lodge and it's on frankford ave, off the cottman exit on 95.

bon appetit!

6/14/2006 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home