W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Ich Bein Ein Carnivore.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Ich Bein Ein Carnivore.

I'm feeling so much better today, thank you for asking!

I had a very nice relaxing evening. Went to The Sidecar for a couple of sidecars, yakked with the bartender for a bit, ordered a veggie burger with fries extra well done to go and then trotted back home (a block away! how convenient that your favorite bar is within spitting distance!). When I settled down to watch The Amazing Race and opened my food, to my surprise! A cheeseburger! Food of the Gods!

Now I consider myself a veggie at heart, but I admit, I fall off the wagon when I start getting stressed. Which is probably not the best time to fall off the wagon. Especially when chicken wings and bacon are your weaknesses.

Think about this for a second: Say you eat, oh, 10 chicken wings. Chances are you've eaten meat from ten different chickens. Fast Food Nation says that one hamburger can have meat from twelve cows.

I get really grossed out when I think about that stuff.

Yet it doesn't deter me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just enjoy the deliciousness of meat and not consider where it comes from.

4/14/2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Paisley said...

Teach me your Jedi mind tricks! I am eating meat again (or at least trying) after 11 years. It's for the baby. I have the hardest time eating it. It is very frustrating.

4/21/2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

I have to admit, I don't dislike eating meat, I dislike the thought of it. Big difference. My gluttony simply gets the better of me. You wouldn't need to do much to convince me to eat a piece of bacon.

4/21/2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home