W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Pico de Gettouttahere!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pico de Gettouttahere!

Larry at the Reagle Beagle* was just telling me how INS has conducted a mega-raid on Center City restaurants. In the past two days, they've picked up over 300 illegal Mexicans. Obviously, no one's showing up for work now and places are shut down because they've been busted or they don't have any help. He said that the Italian Market is a ghost town.

I drove past 9th & Christian, and indeed. Cop cars had blocked off the street in front of Butcher's Cafe and dudes with trenchcoats and K cars were looking very stern and talking into their lapels.

Good god, you'd think these people would have better things to do (i.e. Wage the War on Terrr [sic] )? But, as it always is in the Great City of Philadelphia, someone's on the payola list, no doubt. Stupid f*cks. Killing the economy and wasting time and ruining lives. Again.

And on another sour note, though I REFUSE to discuss The SOTU at length, I would just like to say I am I quite relieved that POTUS is resolutely against human-animal hybridization. Thank the good lord for rational thought.

*This is a pseudonym, but an apt one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Gasp! Please tell me Pico de Gallo is still open. I truly don't believe I could survive without ever tasting that pork, black bean, and maduros burrito again.

2/01/2006 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, the "round up" that caused the Mexicommotion was rumor. I don't read Spanish, per se, but this article appears to explain it.

2/03/2006 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home