W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Catching Up....

Monday, January 23, 2006

Catching Up....

Wow. What a weekend.

As my fair readers know, Friday was Sex Dwarf with the girls. What a blast! Especially with the little teeny "stage" they installed I swear for the sole purpose of our little gang. Good tunes, good company and decent booze. What more can one ask for?

Saturday, we headed off to New York for C's birthday. We got a room at the Grand Hyatt - totally weird being a tourist - especially in a hotel where mom jeans and fanny packs are the dress code, but hey, it was close to the 'bway, clean and had cable. Again, what more can one ask for?

We had dinner with a nice gang, including J & K, who are heading off to Tokyo for four friggin' years to be music professors. It was great seeing them as we probably won't be (even with the best of intentions) stopping by Japan anytime soon. We all had various German brews, spatzle, and wursts and such at Lorelei on Rivington and then trotted off to the Whiskey Ward, which as I suspected, was more geared toward the American hooch, but I did have a lovely Lagavulin 12 (another Islay, don't know what's happening here, but I'm bending more toward the peety every day, er, time I try another...) and a Talisker 16 (ICK.)

J, K and I got into an interesting discussion re Election '08. Inspired by a recent episode of The Boondocks (not to be confused with The Boondock Saints, the WORST MOVIE EVER, imho...), we started toying with the idea of an Oprah/Obama ticket. Whady'all think? I think we could have a real zinger blowout win here. BUT what if O/O was pitted against a Condi/Dr. Phil ticket? They'd have quite a shot at carrying the Reds, but I still think O/O would have a damn good chance with the soccer moms and all of those Red folks who don't vote. Interesting to chew on. Unfortunately, the reality is Hillary - and I don't say "unfortunately" because I don't think she'd do a fantastic job....but anyway....Who'dya think would take it?

Last night was The Real Birthday. Had brunch at the W, followed by some frites on the way home, followed by a very very long nap followed by a most scrumptious meal at Morimoto....

And if you haven't guessed, no I didn't get any sleep, but it doesn't matter because I've got all week to make up for it. So, everyone, thank you thank you thank you for making my birthday weekend a total blast. Love each and every one of ya!

Back to work. Just had to share! Talk to ya soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

I'd sooooo vote for Oprah. And i'm not a "red folk" or a soccer mom. So there!

Happy late birthday! I'm glad to hear it was a good one!

1/23/2006 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home