W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ouch.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Ouch.

Waah!

Surgery on my hand scheduled for August 12 to remove the "mass in right palm". Waah. At least I will be 'moderately sedated', that is, I will, according to the waiver, not likely remember much and they will drug me sweetly before inserting myriad needles into and fileting my mitt. And PeopleCat arrives that night from Chicago, so I will, no doubt, be in the partying mood.

The two good things about the impending doom:

1. The surgeon is the main hand surgeon go-to guy to the stars, er, the Philadelphia Eagles, Phillies and Sixers, so I am in, er, good hands.

2. I cannot do dishes for two weeks. It's because of the bacteria in the dishwater, of course. Shana Maidel suggested 3 weeks. I totally trust her professional opinion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shana Maidel said...

professionally speaking, three weeks is the bare minimum you and "hand-le". har-har.

7/30/2009 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did they determine was the problem? hope it heals quick, quick, quick!

7/31/2009 2:31 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

No determination, other than "mass in right palm". I assume a cyst, but I guess it'll be a surprise when they open me. Just like Christmas morning.

7/31/2009 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home