W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Heads or Tails.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Heads or Tails.

I hooked up with my prom date on Facebook. How freakin' cool is that? J and I hadn't spoken in, like, holycrap, 15 years. He's a cool high school English teacher now (hence the Facebook page with 380 friends who refer to him as 'Mr. S*', which I have a hard time wrapping my brain around. He's also got two kids, which is weird because as far as I'm concerned he's still a 17 year old quasi-deadhead who wears thread bracelets and docksiders with no socks and lives in his parents' house in Lincoln Park).

We had a lovely time at prom. It was in the same room as the final scenes of The Fugitive. I wish I had a picture, I'd share it with you. J and I were friends; we always sat right next to each other because of our last names and we spent a lot of time messing around. More like brother and sister messing around, except for when we made out on prom night, but that was it. In fact, the day after prom, everyone was going to someone's summer house on Grand Beach, but my girlfriends and I ditched our dates and dropped acid instead. I look back at that time fondly.

(Weird obsessive thing about me: I try on my prom dress once every year or so to see if/where it still fits. At the time of this writing, it still fits, though my boobs have shrunk.)

****

I had my first laser brazilian treatment today! (Go ahead, say it. "You're crazy, Oy Vey! Letting a laser beam near your cooch?! OMG! That's insanity!"*)I bit the bullet and went for it. I had my pits done about five years ago and have been very happy with the results. The session was super quick. Fifteen minutes in and out. And it barely hurt at all. Five more treatments every six weeks. It did cost a pretty penny but it actually winds up to be a helluva lot cheaper than waxing every month in the long run. Will keep you posted on the progress.

* I really just wanted a justification to use the phrase "laser beam near your cooch".



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's hilarious. i need more details (where'd you go, and how much $)???

6/03/2008 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home