W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: They Can Take Our Teeth, But They Can Never Take Our Freedom!

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

They Can Take Our Teeth, But They Can Never Take Our Freedom!

The deed is done.

Prices have been upped a quarter on most items. The document has been sent to my web guy for updating. Tomorrow I will make new copies of the menu and leave them on the countertop. Quietly.

Clearly I am terrified by the potential backlash. The rioting, the picketing, the editorials in Inky.

PeopleCat, Elizabeth et al have agreed that I need to up the ante. It is time. Even my accountant thought it was insane I hadn't raised my prices in two years. So it will be.

****
The first round in my Cereal Bar Experiment was a disaster. Who would have thought that cereal melts. I folded in the five cereals into some white chocolate brownie batter hoping for a colorful, crunchy extravaganza and ended up with a single layer of white stuff with a very plasticy mouthfeel. Frightening really.

Round Two, however, produced a much better effect. This time I forsook baking the concoction altogether and spawned The Forbidden Bar: a rice crispy treaty type thingy made with five sugary cereals your mom never let you had. And the whole thing is held together by marshmallow goo. It's a tooth rotter's paradise, a dentist's dream. It's so damn sweet it makes my teeth positively ache just thinking about it. It still needs a little tweaking. I'll keep you posted...if the crazed masses don't kill me first.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does read sweetly delicious!

5/16/2008 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home