W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Self-Titled.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Self-Titled.

Helllo! Long time no write. Or at least it feels like it.

Have been crazy busy at the shop. Did a lovely wedding cake for a friend today. She said "Make it look delicious" and I think I succeeded. Sour cream pound cake with hazelnut buttercream filling and chocolate buttercream on the outside. Decorated with clumps of kumquats. It really was a pretty cake. I wanted to keep it and eat it myself.

If I haven't already pounded this into your brains yet, I am freaking exhausted. I've been working 13 days a week - every other Sunday off - for the past god knows how long and I am ready to drop. Thank god tomorrow is that coveted Day 14. SFG is going to the Eagles' game and I.Am.So.Sleeping.All.Day.Long.

Yes, I'm whining.

And...since the stealing incident as well as the fucking-the-new-guy incident, I have become pretty withdrawn at work. I should clarify, in all honesty, though, that I became withdrawn after I got steamed-pissed after the FTNG incident. I felt so strange - that everyone knew about it but me for weeks. It's kind of lonely being the boss. It really does separate you from everyone else in such a huge way. There's a certain sense of intimidation when you're the one who signs the paychecks and I have a hard time remembering that instead of feeling guilty I'm not being a chill enough boss.

In addition to being pissed that I said something that was completely disobeyed, I kind of took it personally that no one told me about this. But, as SFG rationally points out, I'm the boss - of course I'm the last to know! Yes, I get it. Intellectually. But emotionally I don't. It's very hard to put your heart and soul in a concept - to really put your self out there to the public to scrutinize - and then have the people who make your soul into a physical product that people pay money for and have strong opinions about - to have those people to lie to you.

Well, when you put it that way, Oy Vey, geez....

Anyhoo, obviously I'm a wee bit tired and must get some sleep ASAP. G'Nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home