W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: I Forgot How Fun it is to Post Drunkenly!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

I Forgot How Fun it is to Post Drunkenly!

It's been a while since I've posted drunkenly but I'll give it a go. I apologize in advance for any grammatical or spelling errors. And forgive the rambling, choppy nature of the post. There is much singing between paragraphs. For shame English major!

I've had an unexpectedly busy day at The Circus. So much so that I ended up leaving four hours after I was supposed to and I've decided to celebrate with an evening spent with Molly, a 2005 Clos du Bois Shiraz, and my iPod. SFG is out with his friends and I am having an absolutely lovely time kitchendancing*. I've put the old 2nd generation iPod on for a college try (the one with the buttons across the top. Mine is one of the last of the living, I'm convinced, a WWI veteran of sorts.) and it's performing like a champ.

Speaking of drunkenness, I have enrolled in sommelier school! This is a fabulous tax write-off! I'm an amateur scotch snob and can only hope that I get as comfortable with wine as I am with scotch.** I've been wanting to get a handle on the world of wine for quite a while now. Picking by label can only take you so far. And who knows where sommelier certification may take me!? The world is my oyster. With a nice and crispy pinot blanc or light chard. The best part will be being a certifiable lush, not just a run-of-the-mill standard lush. I will be legitimized. Like the bastard child whose dreams come true when his mother and the postman run off to Vegas and get married.

And on another positive note, I spoke with the publisher of the cookbook I will be in and we've decided that I will contribute my Mexican Brownie*** recipe. Interestingly the MB is a sociological determiner experiment. We Monkeys have scientifically established that when you tell a patron what makes the MB an MB, you can indeed predict their reaction by what they are wearing. Nine out of 10 times Mom jeans, a Ceasar cut, or gold chains in plural or greater than 1/8" thickness will be repulsed by the MB ("Give me a normal brownie" followed by an audible shiver). Conclusion: Those of you who like the MB are worldly, cultured, and cool.


Anyhoo I am blathering and boring all of you so I will leave you now.

* Kitchendancing: Sometimes referred to to as "kitchensinging". The act of turning up the iPod Stage very loud and crooning one's favorite tunes while hopping around a room and simultaneously drinking an alcoholic beverage, a sometimes difficult feat that requires years of practice and an inherent natural grace.

**Has anyone spotted Bruichladdich 3D Peat in the USA? Because I need a bottle. Desperately. And will gladly pay a hefty ransom.

***Mexican Brownie: A nom de guerre, a pseudonym for my spicy brownie that many readers/eaters already know. Used to avoid implicating google searches.

3 Comments:

Blogger L P said...

Ha ha. I remember those reactions to the MB. How hard is it for people to imagine that something they haven't tried may be good? If it wasn't good it wouldn't be sold there, right?

9/08/2007 2:30 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

ABSOLUTELY.

How are you, Lou?

9/10/2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger L P said...

I'm doing well. I worked in the woods all summer, in the tranches as it were. I'm starting full time with the council in Rhode Island on Oct. 1, so that'll be a bit of an abrupt change. I'm quite well though, in general.

9/13/2007 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home