W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: The Bad, The Good and The Ugly.

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Bad, The Good and The Ugly.

I spent the better part of the day at The Canary today because The Bassoonist got a piece of corned beef lodged in her abnormally small esophagus and was in the hospital. She's perfectly fine and the whole thing is actually kind of amusing because the same thing had happened when I called her to schedule a job interview almost a year ago. But that time it was steak.

****
I am so excited!

A publisher called me and asked me to contribute a recipe to a new cookbook about coffee drinks and sweets. Yippee! The best part is that Gale Gand, my pastry chef idol, will also be writing a recipe. Yippeeeee!

(Did I really just write "Yippee"? Twice?)


****
I have created a peanut butter brownie topped with milk chocolate peanut butter ganache. But the ganache looks sloppy and must be prettied up before I add it to the menu.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had one of your peanut butter brownies this weekend, and it was superb! It's definitely one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. I can't stop thinking about it. :)

9/10/2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Oh no! Has my super secret identity been compromised? Or do we know each other and I must have met you when I was hammered beyond belief, stumbling down 2nd Street after a night at The Tin Angel, or one of those red velvet clubs I don't know the names of?

9/10/2007 2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, we haven't met! I've been reading your blog for the past six or so months, and it took an embarrassingly long time for me to realize that the place where I get desserts weekly is the Canary. No sleuth me. Anyway, the Canary's products are superb, and your secret is safe with me! And the idea of making bread pudding out of old cupcakes sounds divine....

9/11/2007 9:59 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Glad you're a fan! You must identify yourself the next time you come around! I spent the day eyeballing every single customer I waited on. Is that her? Is THAT her? Ha! You're feeding my paranoia!

9/11/2007 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home