W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: The Circus Chronicles: Part 1432.655(a).1

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Circus Chronicles: Part 1432.655(a).1

*
Lately The Circus has been infested with rats.

(I just say it like it is, people.)

A few weeks ago, L'il JoJo saw one running into the trash room while a local onlooker looked on in frozen horror, her hands to her cheeks.

The Saturday that I was gone, poor Wee Me, my Saturday baker, who already has vermin phobia, had the pleasure of feeling something furry rub up against her legs. She looked down and then it ran across her foot. In a pair of these no less!


The Bassoonist was talking to some dude who said he thought he saw a cat in the basement. When he came closer to inspect, he realized it was actually a large rat eating a zucchini like an ear of corn.

I approached the Manager of The Circus about the issue.

Him: Are you sure it was r-a-t-s and not m-i-c-e?
Me: Uh, yeah. M-i-c-e don't rub against one's ankles.
Him: Well, I'm actually surprised you didn't notice them sooner. We've had an r-a-t problem since the beginning of the year.
Me:
Him: But I am not happy at all that they are now coming upstairs.

Believe me, I've worked in food for a while now. You can't be squeamish when you work in food because where's there's food, there's vermin. But r-a-t-s's? Really makes me think twice about renewing that lease next year.

* Thanks Bad Luck. Lo and behold I did a google image search on 'rats eat' and found the pic. And it turns out to be from a local. Yeah, "The Indy" really bit chunks. Good riddance, I say. That bar was a across between a TGI Friday's and an airport bar. Though their wings will be missed.

4 Comments:

Blogger ritu said...

i must admit i have a phobia against them.. i have been asked to see
the movie ratatouille to see a rat turn in to a chef..
will do so today :o)

8/28/2007 3:09 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

EWW! Although, the r-a-t-s will get rid of that m-i-c-e problem. I speak from experience as it so happened in our house a few months after we moved in. The mice died off, but it sounded like there was a mouse partay in the wall at night. I think we had sealed everything up pretty well, because the big mama never made it over to our side, our neighbors' had big mama over there chewing their leather sandals.

Called an exterminator. No rats, no more.

8/28/2007 4:47 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Ritu: I have not seen Rataouille but I have seen the one about the rats in the london sewer (or was it mice?) and that was great.

Christine: Sanitation class stated that rats and mice do not cohabitate, but I'm not convinced this is true. I would hate to the think the Circus is infested with as many rats as it had mice before.

8/28/2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger L P said...

I just acquired a new hand held pellet gun. Shall I ship it on down? I'll trade you for some overnighted baked goods...

8/30/2007 9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home