W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Rants and Raves.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Rants and Raves.

Rant
I went to my first Reiki session. It was relaxing, but so is lying on a massage table in a dimly lit room with new age music softly playing in the background. I walked out of there feeling...the same, I guess, but a little sluggish. Don't get me wrong: I am entirely open to alternative medicine of all types. I've done cranio-sacral, believe in Carolyn Myss and my own mother is a practitioner of Chinese medicine. But when I went home and checked out Reiki on wikipedia, which compared it to Laying On Of The Hands, I came to the following conclusion: Reiki is fakey.

Rave
Burrata cheese: a mozzarellaish cheese filled with cream wrapped in leek leaves. Good lord!

Rant
The turkey stand has gotten new maroon polo shirts. This annoys me because the turkey stand's colors are red and yellow. If you're not going to go with red (the old polos) or yellow shirts, at least go with a color that is nowhere near red. It's just off enough to be irritating and design-unfriendly. The only thing I think of when I look over at them is that the owner is a cheap bastard who bought those damn shirts on sale. Turkey Boy says the maroon is supposed to reflect the cranberry sauce. But of course.

Rave
Little Children. Rent it if you like movies about suburban ennui. And that Ken Doll/J. Crew model guy from Hard Candy is in it.

Rant
I'm starving.

Rave
We're going to Good Dog for burgers. The specialty is a gorgonzola stuffed burger that is supposed to be the best in Philly.

Rant
My maimed foot has been killing for days.

Rave
I got some Ugg espadrilles. Cute! And relatively comfy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home