W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Whinge, Whinge, Whinge...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Whinge, Whinge, Whinge...

Even though I've got a million things to do before I take leave of this wretched metropolis, I went to book club tonight for a book that I didn't even read.

Yes people. I've been lying for the past four weeks about reading that Bruce Hornsby book. I've read about 30 pages of it. No time. Just no fuckin' time. When I come home in the evening all I want to do is read the blogs, the DirecTV channel guide and perhaps the back of the Laphroaig bottle if I'm feeling wordy and ambitious. But other than that, I've got absolutely no energy to spend on anything remotely thoughtful.

Besides, the book club quickly got caught up in a riotous game of quizzo at the Sidecar, so it didn't really matter that I didn't read it anyhoo. But that's not the point I guess.

I really need to be working on my books, or an article, or my menu, or recipes when I get home. But I'm just plum tuckered out these days. When I sleep, I dream of scones.

A million things on my list to do before heading off to the Motherland....got hair cut today (finally), check!, got that Apple world adapter plug thingy set (thanks for the tip, S! Go Mac!!!) check!, slowly but surely breaking in those bastard shoes, check!, ordered the printed Canary bags that will take four months to make (just in time for the holidays!), blagh blagh blagh. Check! check! check!

I've decided not to buy any more clothes until I get to the H&M, Sacha and Mag stores in Amsterdam and stock up there. I'll have plenty of time to de/tox, shop, read and write, and shop before hopping over to Glasgow for a Raucous Girly Adventure.

I'm going to stop blathering now. But I promise I'll read the book on the plane. I swear it. If not on the plane (because I may be reading my Ambien Rx bottle), then in Vondelpark.

And speaking of whinging, I'd just like to express my sympathy to whingingit.com which has been put to rest, but wish Beth the very best of luck on her writing endeavors! Keep us posted. And when you become famous, think of the little blogspot people! I'm going to keep your link up for while to pay homage. Much like they did with the World News Tonight with Peter Jennings intro at the beginning of the show for the first week or so after he died. xx.

3 Comments:

Blogger Guinness_Girl said...

Ha - you little liar, you. Also, maybe it's better to just go ahead and admit that there will be no detox-ing on your trip?

xoxo

8/09/2006 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so jealous of the trip.

And thanks for the homage. :) And don't you worry, I've got everyone's email on file for any writing alert, as I can't figure out who the hell else would buy anything.

8/09/2006 12:14 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Have fun! Dream of scones!

8/13/2006 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home