W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Old Country Buffet.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Old Country Buffet.

The Job. The No Job Yet. SFG has "happily taken over the daily operations of the bakery" per my cover letter, and I am in the desperate search for a good job. It's got to be something during which I won't get absolutely filthy, and it's got to be something that is in charge of other people...so, I'm thinking restaurant management....we will see. Obviously, it's a completely crap time to go looking for a job, but whatever. Honestly, I've already kind of checked out. SFG is being trained in all aspects of the biz, so I can go and do something else in peace. Ahhhh...! That sounds so nice I can't even tell you...ahhhh....

***
My nano (3rd gen) has a fever. Meaning it is hot to the touch when it is attempting to charge via the usb port on this l'il iBook. No charge at all. Any thoughts? For the record, may I say I will be more than slightly livid if this effer is broken and barely a year old? Poor sick little guy.

***
Pernice Brothers sold a song for a Sherwin-Williams ad. Weird, because they're a paint company and the song is called "The Weakest Shade of Blue". Kind of like when McCain used that Mellencamp song about how America sucks. Ha.

***
OK! Best part of the post! The dress, aka My Dress aka The Actual Dress I Had Made...right here, right now...It's not in my sweaty l'il mitts yet, but Dolly posted a pic...


Oh...! With the red satin shoes, it will be perfect. Perfect.

***
Praise Be. This stupid Live Free or Die-ish Commonwealth is finally passing a law that will prohibit cell phone use while driving. You can't even be touching your phone while you're driving, people, or the cops will nail ya. I think it's a great law, personally. I'm guilty of driving/texting (city streets, but still) on occasion and now that I know I'll have the book thrown at me, I'm happy to not do it anymore. Kind of funny in a state that doesn't trust its citizens enough to buy and sell booze but does trust it enough to to purchase guns within city limits. Ahhh...

***
We met another pug named Ernie today! And his sister Berta. Ha!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a dress! I'll bet it is even more beautiful on! Love the polka-dots!

4/22/2009 9:52 PM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

GORGEOUS!

4/23/2009 6:20 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh wow, I LOVE the dress. LOVE. And on your iPod, under a year you can totally send that baby back to Mac and they will fix it for you. Just go to whatever their site is these days, plug in the little number on your nano, and they'll ship you the packet to send it back and forth in and everything. We had to do it on our shuffle a couple years ago, it was a battery issue. Fixed and has been working since.

4/23/2009 11:26 AM  
Blogger Shana Maidel said...

the dress is absolutely gorgeous! i'm very jealous!!! you will look totally amazing!

4/23/2009 12:15 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Thanks, girls! I'm so excited to try it on!

I can't believe I haven't tried it on yet...! Oh hell, I bought a car off the internet back in 1999, I should be 2000% comfortable with buying a (wedding) dress online. Good god.

4/24/2009 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home