W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: The Iceman Cometh.

Monday, April 20, 2009

The Iceman Cometh.

The times, they are a changin'.

SFG and I tagteam interviewed some folks for the open baker positions. Yes, positionS, as it were, because another baker gave notice because she got a salaried job with benefits and all that stuff so who the hell can blame her. She felt really bad about it coming on the heels of The Psychobaker Chronicles, but it's ok. She's going to stay on and work on Sundays, so that's a good thing at least.

We interviewed four people today. The most promising is a young guy, yes GUY, who has a very healthy amount of baking experience and - coolest thing of all - was head baker at the scientist camp in Antarctica! Get it, cool? And we talked about New Zealand because he's the only other person I've ever met who's been to New Zealand, other than New Zealanders themselves, of course.*

My nails look terrible. Now I've gotta get a job. Now I've got the peeps lined up and SFG ready to breathe some new life into The Canary, I've gotta go out there and prove myself to some prospective employer. Gargh. Nerves.

****
I have been sucked back into The Hills again. Please, Patron Saint of Crap TV, please protect my neurons from implosion. I promise to never watch marathons or buy the dvds. I promise moderation. I promise not abuse the privilege of On Demand. I promise to give alms to the poor and say my rosary. Just please don't let my brain die.

* Oops. I just remembered that SFG's dad was also in Christchurch for three days while he was in the Marines in the 1950s.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell us more about your job quest. What are you looking to do?

4/20/2009 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Lara said...

Wait, haven't you met my dad, too? He has also been to NZ.

Magic Kingdom of Dough next week, perhaps?

4/21/2009 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home