W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Gossip Girl.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Gossip Girl.

(Warning: Contains some serious effin' EXPLETIVES.)

The girl drama within the confines of The Canary continues. And I am beyond sick of it. I won't even get into the ridiculous details but it came to my most valuable baker quitting because she "hates" another baker and "everyone else hates her too" and it's "not fair" that she had to give up her shift with the hated baker because she "fucking hates" her and I should never have made the two of them "work it out" because I know how much she "hates her". BLAGH BLAGH BLAGH. Aside from being disappointed in this particular individual, I am just fucking pissed that these catty little bitches can't just work together and be normal, mature adults and leave me in peace.

Since when is this a FUCKING DEMOCRACY? : "We don't think it's fair that [hated baker] gets the shifts she gets. We don't like her."

Since when am I a 7th grade teacher in an all girls' school?: "So and so said this and so and so said that and you know none of us like her so we think it's NOT FAIR." Waah. Stomp stomp STOMP.

Seriously, I cannot take these banshees anymore. I've come up with a novel (and not-so-loopy) idea that I find a more suitable management position (with Starr yessss!) and SFG take over the daily runnings of the bakery. I think he would be a better manager than I would in my own environs.

Only because I take this shit waaay too personally and now instead of making me cry it is seriously pissing me off. Who do these people think they are - meddling in my livelihood like that? NO ONE backs me into a corner with their ludicrous script de Les Miserables! Are you fucking kidding me?

I recognize that this is in large part my fault. I am too soft. I won't go so far as to say too nice, because that sounds self-serving, but really, my big issue is that I am terrified of being disliked. And that is a problem when you are the boss and trying to manage/control/manipulate/coddle/juggle a bunch of personalities. Playing "Cool Aunt" only works 90% of the time when things are going swimmingly; the other 10% SUCKS.

ANYHOO, I've no time nor energy today to discuss

- my new KINDLE 2. It is lovely, I must say that much.
- a possible pending trip to ICELAND with the lovely Daximus.
- Franz Ferdinand song on 90210 when Silver is crazed and lost.
- the freaky Irish dancers with their freaky curly wigs at The Circus this week.

That is all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

Hey, just nod your head and tell her good luck finding a job.

On the flip side, there's plenty of people looking for work, so it shouldn't be tooooo hard to replace her.

Don't take it personally; you've got a good business, don't let anyone ruin it for you (the business or the fun.)

4/09/2009 9:56 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Thanks, Lou. I really appreciate that. And your opinion matters because you used to work at The Canary. (SEE PEOPLE, I'M NOT A CRAZY PERSON NECESSARILY.)

4/10/2009 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Lara said...

Ooh, I like the idea of the SFG taking over the Canary management and freeing you up for less annoying things! Would he enjoy that? Also, Iceland! That rocks!

4/10/2009 12:04 PM  
Blogger source said...

What does Mom have to say about this?

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

We have to make plans for your trip to the Westchester 'burbs!

4/10/2009 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Shana Maidel said...

oops, it's shana maidel.

4/10/2009 12:39 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I enjoyed working there more than any other job I had in Philly, and if I ever move back there, I'd love to help on Sundays for sure :-)

4/13/2009 9:27 PM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Source?/Shana: YES, SOOOOOON.

Lou: Aww, you are so sweet and make me feel like less of a psycho monster. GRROWWWWAHHLLPHHH.

4/14/2009 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home