W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: Your Contribution to All We Did was to Say it was Dire.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Your Contribution to All We Did was to Say it was Dire.

Sigh.

Unfortunately, things have not worked out for my dearest right hand woman. She kinda freaked out and sent me a not-very-nice-to-put-it-mildly email saying I was the worst human being on the planet. And I handled it well -relatively emotion-free- with a polite but sincere "Last check's in the mail. Wish ya the best. Really I do." 3-line reply. I was hurt and haven't slept without the help of Auntie Ambien in a few days but I survived. And I'm a little thicker skinned now fo sho.

Please believe me when I tell you I am not the worst boss/human being on the planet. I seem to attract very passionate people for the job. Hipster Artisan-types. Smart people in their early to mid twenties with lots of piercings and/or tattoos who may be a little lost career-wise, but who, nonetheless, are great and enjoy working for me and The Canary and are damn good at what they do when they put their minds to it. Their passion is great because they love what they do and they put their heart in it and I know it and appreciate it...and then something just snaps and they lose their marbles. I mean, let's be realistic, it's my "company" (it is a company, according to the feds...yeah) is kind of dead end, there's really no going any farther up the ladder at a certain point. It is my business. I am the brains behind it (har.) and I do get all the credit. But I couldn't do it without good quality peeps and 95% of the time, things go swimmingly.

In any event, I do feel bad about all this. But not bad enough to tolerate her being seriously irrationally nasty to other staff and me now. So. It's unfortunate. Truly.

But it's a new chapter, because SFG is now going to start learning how to steward the ship so I can go on to other things before I lose my own marbles in this tedious mouse maze. Mixing metaphors but whatever. I'm so over the girl drama.

What-ever.

Mme. Mimolette is coming over and we are grilling NY strips and eating fancy cheese, Zin, a lovely salad with apples, asparagus, hazelnuts etc. and pasta with kalamatas, Bulgarian feta and sundried tomatoes. Yum. I do not plan on eating anything after this for the next three weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lara said...

Oh my. Well, farewell to the drama, huh? Also, your grilling meal sounds divine.

4/14/2009 9:06 AM  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Indeed it was divine! Yerm!

4/14/2009 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home