W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Moi, Toi, et VoI: She's Losing It.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

She's Losing It.

Oy oy oy. Not even the quarter box of wine I have consumed can ameliorate the sick feeling I have right now. Yesterday's and today's numbers at The Canary were horrible. HORRIBLE (that was in French.)! What I have been making in a weekend I used to make on Saturday alone. The only comforting fact is knowing that everyone is in the shitter, which really only makes me feel some reassurance that it's not me, it's the whole damn economy that is totally and completely fucked. FUCKED!

Last year we had 15+ orders for buche de noels. This year two. TWO! BARF. Last year we had a wall full of corporate holiday orders. This year a small sprinking. AND IT'S FREAKIN' ME OUT BIG TIME.

And on top of that, Mr. X sent me a totally unexpected text saying he'd heard Fairytale of New York and was thinking of me. What creepily fantastic timing!

In any event, once '09 hits, I plan on hiring a PR person to work some magic for The Canary. The Wharton people did some research on my biggest competitor and that is what worked for them, so why not. I've gotta try something. It's just so damn frustrating because I know I've got a good product, and I've just got to let it be known. My cupcakes are damn good, people. I swear. Don't ask me. Ask The Biggest Food Critic in Philadelphia, who just gave The Canary a shout out (and wrote about us in his 2007 book fyi). And they love us on Yelp!

(I apologize for the fiesty rant. I am just really stressed out. Like seriously frustrated and stressed here. This is the year I'm finally supposed to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel, but no no no, t'was not meant to be. George W. Bush decided to wage his inner Freudian psychodrama on the world stage and look where we are today.)

And now I swear I am starting to get sick. I just sneezed three times in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home